Welcome to Year 1 at St Maria Goretti
Year 1 Staff: Mrs Lamb, Miss Mountford, Miss Preece.
Class Author – Allan Ahlberg
Autumn Term 2021/2022
- The creation
- Families and celebration
- Orally rehearsing sentences
- Setting Description
- Character descriptions
- Traditional Tales
- Non Chronological Reports
Old Bear by Jane Hissey
Reading Diaries must be signed by an adult at least 3 times per week.
- Place Value within 10
- Addition and Subtraction within 10
- 2D shape
- Place Value within 20
Driver question - What materials are suitable to use to make a toy boat?
- Seasonal changes (Autumn & Winter)
- Identify and name different materials
- Properties of materials
- Comparing materials
Driver question - How have toys changed over the years?
- To explore changes within living memory. Where appropriate, these should be used to reveal aspects of change in national life
- To explore significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- To use a time line to put Signiant individuals in chronological order
Driver question – What human and physical features can you identify?
- To understand geographical similarities and differences through studying the human and physical geography of a small area of the United Kingdom, and of a small area in a contrasting non-European country
- To use basic geographical vocabulary to refer to: key human features, including: city, town, village, factory, farm, house, office, port, harbour and shop
- To use a range of Materials creatively to design and make products
- To explore the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work
- Giuseppe Arcimboldo - Famous artist
Driver Question: Where does our food come from?
- To build structures, exploring how they can be made stronger, stiffer and more stable
- To explore and use mechanisms, in their products.
ICT - Toys and games
- Describe actions needed to make something happen
- Describe what happens
- Begin to use software/apps to create movements and patterns on a screen.
- Classical Music - Vivaldi - Four seasons
At St. Maria Goretti Catholic Academy we use TenTen Resources. TenTen is an online subscription platform from the founders of the Catholic professional theatre company, Ten Ten, provides high-quality, media-rich, and resources. We use these resources to, enriching the Catholic ethos of our school. We mainly use it for collective worship.
Collective Worship is an online bank of varied resources including assemblies, prayers and staff enrichment that are aimed at deepening the Catholic life of school communities.
TenTen is providing the following access for Home and Blended Learning during the Sping 2021 lockdown:
Collective Worship (primary)
– Share the weekly daily classroom prayers with parents for use at home. Links can be found on each weekly resource page.
– Guidance on streaming or pre-recording assemblies.
As part of our school subscription to the site all parents are now able to access the Online Parent Portal with the following login credentials:
Please use the username and passport to have access to the Online Parent Portal and resources inside.
Username = st-maria-goretti
Password = harmony-peace
Parent Portal https://www.tentenresources.co.uk/parent-portal/
Parent Consultation Tool https://www.tentenresources.co.uk/parent-consultation-tool-primary/